We are a locally owned and operated, fully licensed chimney, gutter and slate company. We have been servicing Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, Harford County, Anne Arundel, Montgomery County, and Washington DC homes and businesses for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on prompt, reliable service.
In Baltimore, Clean Sweep Chimney and Gutter Service is on the preferred list of contractors for both the Bolton Hill and Oakenshawe neighborhoods. We have strong relationships with residential brokerage firms Coldwell Banker, Berkshire Hathaway, Chase Fitzgerald, and Hill & Co. and have completed projects for the City of Baltimore.
There are lots of chimney sweeps throughout the Baltimore area, but for the last 30 years, the region’s most productive real estate agents and thousands of homeowners have chosen Clean Sweep, time and time again. More than four out of every five of our clients are return customers.
- We know what we’re doing: our team members have, on average, more than 15 years’ experience in the business.
- We’re real people: if you call a lot of chimney sweeps, you’ll often get a voice recording. With us, you’ll almost always get a live person on the other end of the line. (Chances are it may be the owner.)
- We’re prompt: when you need us, we can usually get to you within a day. If you need us in an emergency, we can get there within hours, either day or night….at no additional cost.
- We know what to look for: we perform Level 2 inspections as a baseline, and will use the ChimScan® camera when it’s needed, for the most detailed analysis commercially available today.
- We’re willing to get dirty: some home inspectors will do a visual inspection from the outside, and that’s it. Not us; we’ll check every part of your chimney, from the base to the top, including every exposed portion.
- We quantify our results: there’s no guesswork with our exclusive, customized 12-point checklist. It specifically tells you what’s good and what’s not. And we’ll go over it with you, making sure you understand all of it.
- We do more than just chimneys: sure, chimneys are most of our business. But if your gutters need cleaning, repair or replacement, we can do that too…along with slate repair and vent/duct cleaning.
- We’re referred: referrals are a key part of business success. Real estate agents talk to other agents, looking for a chimney sweep they can trust to get the job done right the first time. Homeowners talk with one another, looking for the same. We’re honored at how many times the name “Clean Sweep” comes up.
Cullen Davis is a lifelong Baltimorean; his father was a Baltimore city firefighter, and Cullen is a proud graduate of Calvert Hall. He’s been honing his craft as a chimney sweep for more than 20 years, starting as an apprentice. From there, he took on added responsibilities, and ultimately becoming a partner in Clean Sweep 10 years ago.
Cullen’s time in the field has proven invaluable, he says, “since it gives me the ability and first-hand knowledge when speaking with a client or a prospect. It allows me to help define their needs and expectations, so that we can always deliver top-flight service.”
James “Jim” Green is in his fifth decade of ensuring that the region’s homes are maintained to the highest standard. He began in the mid-1970s, apprenticing as a brick mason. He began his first business, cleaning chimneys, in 1978.
Jim rapidly achieved success and expanded the business, adding gutter and slate work two years later, with duct cleaning and chimney lining added on several years later. In 1986, Jim moved to Baltimore, and has been delivering his expertise to homeowners and real estate agents throughout mid-Maryland ever since.
Chimney Inspections | Chimney Cleaning | Chimney Repair |Chimney Linings | Caps and Dampers | Gas Log Installation | Fire Box Repair | Gutter Cleaning | Copper Gutters | Galvanized Steel Gutters | Slate Shingles | Dryer Vent Cleaning | Air Duct Cleaning