Air duct cleaning is an essential part of maintaining your home, but it can be hard to tell when you’re overdue for a visit from Clean Sweep Maryland. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends a professional cleaning every 3-5 years, but some conditions warrant a visit more frequently.
What Are the Benefits of an Air Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning is great for improving indoor air quality and removing household allergens associated with asthma-like symptoms. Dust mites, pollen, pet danger and dust all enter the air and are sucked into your home’s air ducts. When the ducts are cleaned on a regular basis, the dirty air is constantly recirculating in your home, and you are breathing it in. NACDA standards dictate that the elements that make you sneeze and cough will only be completely removed by a professional, thorough cleaning and not just an over-the-counter kit.
How Often Should You Clean Ductwork?
- Every 3-5 years
- Whenever you move into a new home, unless the previous owner has a record of ducts being cleaned within 3 years
- After building a new home, as the ducts will have debris from drywall and other construction materials inside
- After remodeling your home, as sawdust and other particles will be spread throughout the ductwork, even if sheeting and other precautions are taken.
- If you have pets in your home that create dancer and shed fur, you should have your ductwork cleaned annually
What Are the Other Signs You Need Your Ducts Cleaned?
- Mold growth inside of your ductwork
- Excessive dust and debris present inside of the ducts, which can force your HVAC system to work harder than necessary to heat your home, increase your energy bills and shorten the lifespan of your unit
- Pest infestations in your home mean you should have a professional ductwork cleaning once the infestation has been cleared up. The microorganisms brought in by vermin, insects and pests can all cause dangerous illnesses, so you shouldn’t let them linger in your duct system
- An uptick in allergy symptoms is another sign that you should have a cleaning performed
Keep Your Air Clean and Healthy with Clean Sweep Maryland
When it comes to keeping your home and family safe and comfortable during the winter, you should never settle for less. Call Clean Sweep Maryland today at 410-558-1111 for professional chimney sweep, dryer vent cleaning and gutter cleaning services designed to keep your home in wonderful condition and your family safe.